Last night I was not in the mood to cook at all, it was 9pm and I didn’t have much in my kitchen to mess with. So after searching around I found a recipe online that I had the ingredients to make, the only problem? It wasn’t vegan. So I took it upon myself to figure out a way to make it not only taste amazing, but also make it vegan!
After some quick adjustments, and additions to make it even more tasty I made one of the easiest and most flavorful meals I have created so far!
This would be perfect for any dinner, if you want to impress your omni friends for a dinner at your house, or a perfect date night dinner with your significant other!
and best of all there is minimal clean up, and it’s finished in about 30 mins!
Vegan Creamy Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Quick and easy one pot Vegan dinner that will wow anyone! perfect for those nights when you don't want to do much in the kitchen.
Adapted From: Budget Bytes
Husband rating: 7/10
Next Day Leftovers rating: 7/10
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 2 Heaping Tbsp Dairy Free butter
- 2-3 tsp Minced Garlic*
- 2 cups Mushroom broth
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened Plant Based Milk (I used Soy)
- 8 oz fettuccine noodles
- 5-7 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach
- pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast or Favorite Vegan Parmesan (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Veg chicken soup base mix (Optional)
*Notes at bottom
- dice sun-dried tomatoes and set aside. In a medium pot or deep skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in butter for approximately 1-2 min until soft and fragrant (Do not brown)
- Once garlic as softened add Broth, Milk, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, soup base and spices stir to combine. Then add in noodles (broken in half) making sure they are submerged into the liquid.
- Place lid on pot and bring to a boil, once at a boil stir and ensure pasta is not stuck to the bottom. Reduce heat to low and cover, stirring occasionally. cook for 10 – 12 mins or until pasta is tender
- Remove lid and add spinach, cook while stirring until liquid has thickened. About 2-3 mins *sauce will become thicker after removing from heat*
Remove from heat, top with optional nutritional yeast/Vegan Parmesan, stir and enjoy!
I use pre minced garlic in a jar to make things even easier! If you don’t have garlic you can sub in approx. 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder when you add in the other spices. just omit the softening of the garlic step and just melt the butter.